2011 Taylor 914ce Grand Auditorium Guitar Quick Look

My "new" Taylor 914ce Grand Auditorium Guitar-christened 'The Queen'!
I have to admit, I have been wanting this guitar for 4 years! Shortly after I purchased my Breedlove I saw a picture of this Taylor in a Guitar Center flier and immediately wished I had waited until I could come up with the additional currency to get this beaut!!!

This past summer my local Guitar Center had a old model clearance sale on the 2011 Taylor 914ce. This was intended to clear out the older model for their new 2016 version (see below).  

https://www.taylorguitars.com/sites/default/files/styles/related_guitars/public/guitars/acoustic/models/Media%20browser/914ce-FE-front-taylor-guitars-2015-feat.jpg?itok=it9t5OAC
The new 2016 Taylor 914ce

Granted I like the new 914ce however the 2011 version has always been the "apple of my eye"!
The clearance price was too good for me to pass up and was way cheaper than the new model( the new 914ce are retailing at $4999.00!).

My Guitar Center had one floor model and I would have taken that except that the years of sitting in their "humidor" over humidified it and ruined the action on it. My main guy Stephen (my son-in-law's best man) promised a massive search for the 2011 model nation-wide. A couple of weeks later he delivered having located a like-new model at a Guitar Center in Washington state!

Folks, I have been playing guitar for nearly 50 years and I have never played a nicer commercial-grade steel-string guitar! I would rank it at a near "luthier-quality" guitar! The tone is absolutely gorgeous! The Taylor 'Expression System' pickups are amazing.  They pick up all of the subtle shadings that I make while playing. I wished I had this one for the 'Appalachian Soul' CD project of 2 years ago. Here is a brief YouTube look at this model:  Video: Taylor 2011 914ce Review

I hope to have a few audio samples of this instrument by the end of this year- stay tuned! Meanwhile take a look at the gorgeous craftsmanship on this instrument!

I love these solid Gotoh 510 metal tuning machines!


A close of the Mother-of-Pearl "Cindy" inlay!

Highlited are the pickups for the Expression System 2. These sound great through my Fishman Acoustic amp!
I have always favored spruce soundboards over cedar! Look at the cross-graining of the Adirondack Spruce top!
East Indian Rosewood back and sides!
Subtle tone and volume controls

Rock-solid Gotoh 510 tuning machines- doesn't get any better than this!

Another look at the 'Cindy' Inlaid neck!

 Check out the Taylor line:
Taylor Guitars Website